The present roles carried out by County Executive Group NHW Representatives are : –
- Carry out their duties as the executive coordinating body of the Cambridgeshire Neighbourhood Watch organisation.
- Act as the formal link between County NHW and the Cambridgeshire Constabulary Headquarters for all policy and procedural matters at a Strategic level
- Support the Service Level Agreement between Neighbourhood Watch and the Cambridgeshire Police
- Attend the quarterly meetings of the Executive Group at Cambridgeshire Constabulary Headquarters at Hinchingbrooke.
- Support Cambridgeshire NHW Co-ordinators and scheme members
- Promote the good image of Neighbourhood Watch across the County
- Encourage the formation and development of NHW schemes.
- Approve or reject applications for membership of the Cambridgeshire Neighbourhood Watch organisation.
- Maintain the integrity of Neighbourhood Watch and ensure that members of the Cambridgeshire Neighbourhood Watch organisation act in the best interests of the organisation at all times.
- Exercise their right as necessary to terminate or suspend membership of the Cambridgeshire Neighbourhood Watch or any member considered not to be acting in the best interest of the organisation.
- Advise scheme members, Co-ordinators, police and other agencies of best practice
- Identify and address issues of local concern
- Assist in community problem solving, agreeing regularly which problems to target and what action to take
- Be involved in crime and disorder issues and anti-social behaviour prevention initiatives.
- Provide volunteer administrators/coordinators to assist in the effective running of the Cambridgeshire Neighbourhood Watch organisation.
- Work in partnership with other watch movements and wider voluntary, public sector and private sector bodies
- Provide representation on the Eastern Region Neighbourhood Watch / Home Watch Partnership and on groups of other agencies as necessary or requested.
- Administer the Cambridgeshire Neighbourhood Watch Executive Group charity.